Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9/6

Yesterday my kids did not have school. My 7yo daughter had a pretty bad crash on her bike and suffered a concussion. So today she is home from school. She has a Doctor appt later to get checked out again and we will see how she is doing after. She is pretty banged up but doing well considering. Thank goodness for helmets!

I packed a bento for my 7yo and 3yo to eat at home before we leave. They enjoyed these picnic style eating on our patio outside :)
In the yellow box we have for my 3yo.
Hard boiled egg, cheese squares, turkey rolls. Fresh mango slices, green grapes, celery with peanut butter and half a gluten free cookie.

In the blue box for my 7yo. Exactly the same as the yellow box.

My 7yo attends a "nut free" classroom. And there is at least one child in her class who has a peanut allergy. So she only gets peanut butter items at home. If I am sending something like celery to school for her I will use a safer alternative such as "sun butter" or cream cheese.

Also, my kids got to pick out their boxes. My 3yo sons favorite color right now is yellow so thats what he picked. My 7yo really likes blue. I'm happy if they are happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...